A great big thank you to the developers of London 2038

I want to thank all of the people contributing to this wonderful project.

Hellgate London was always my favorite “Diablo” game - and I think it was far ahead of its time in ways beyond count. I was literally devastated when they shut down the servers and one of my all time favorite games went away.

Hellgate Global was a pale imitation in my opinion - so I never played it much.

Anyway, I just want to thank you all for your great work!

Also, is there any chance of you releasing some kind of build or information about running a private server? I would prefer playing Online - but the lag is a little annoying.

If I could play the game on LAN or on a private server with friends - it would be ideal.

I guess if you can already host the game on your London2038 server - then it should be relatively trivial to allow for others to do that privately?

That would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

2 Likes

The server software can’t be legally distributed, and it took a lot of work to get it working at all. LAN falls into the “maybe eventually” category.

3 Likes

I want to give my most heartfelt thanks as well. This was the game my wife and I played while dating, and because of the hard work and tireless efforts of these folks it can now be the game we play while happily married.

We still to this day credit Hellgate London as a major influence on why we love Destiny so much!

2 Likes