Grenader Built -works

Hi there,

i have reskilled my MM to try something different and it turned out pretty nice. So here it is, the Grenader:

https://london2038.com/skill-planner/#Marksman,50,50,0,v1.0000110000000000229210000999121200

I went for all grenades max except the stun grenade because i figured shield penetration can be had on gear and if shields are a problem one could use maybe one point in EMP blast. Sometimes it would be nice to have (yesterday i had a Rifcoil Map in St. Pauls which took me ages).

Most important is Multishot Max. You can get out all Grenades and a strike in one Phase with some special gear and that is quite a barrage. Thats also why i gave some points in strikes.

Beacon for Bosses to get the extra dmg and ele strength.

For the perks i have chosen to only use Stamina and try to get my gear working without further points in stats. Therefore i can perk damage, ele attack strength and powerreg or will (not deciided on this one) to some extend. Ele attack strength is super usefull in this build.

Now to the gear and here the build differs from the normal MM quite heavily:

Of the utmost importance is increased userate of MM skills as you will use skills all the time and Multishot should be up as often as possible or you wont down the Bosses.
Also the 4 grenades can only be spammed if the cooldown is below 4 seconds. So i have a bit of "userate of tactical skills on the gear. Powerpoints, Powerreg and Willpower are stats that should also be found somewhere. 300+ Powerpoint are a value to aim at.

As headpiece i have a Navshell (inherent 7% userate of MM skills) with +1 skills and 15% damage (lucky).
As shoulders i have scout shoulderplates sadly not the perfect ones with +% damage AND userate.
On the Chest the Techa battlecore is optimal as it has 10-15% userate and damage. The leg Chest i have has Powerpoints, Willpower, AA, 6% userate and 6% damage which is ok. A Good Northrops Guru could be an alternative too.
Now gloves, which are one of the most important pieces because they can have the tactical affixes on them.
Theoretically you can get 5% userate MM, 5% Damage, 10+ userate Tactical and 10 decrease Powercost tactical. I have a mix of userate MM, Tactical and Powercost and some other stats.
Belt would be Techa because of the insane powerreg and +aa though over other items you lose some inherent userate, i have a simple one with damage, userate and power.
For legs i have Recon Jambarts in the perfect Version with damage and userate, not so hard to get but there are also better options with aa and power.
Boots i found Kyles the perfect choice. They can be found with userate and damage which i would crown the most useful MM piece of gear in the game, though i dont have them. But speed is super important with the bosses. I couldnt down Molloch without Kyles. With them it was fairly easy. Because of the high userate, you can use escape often (and get a crazy speed boost) and then the points in escape artist are super usefull aswell as Sprint. The movement speed will be needed in case you get the 2 Techa pieces.

Now talking weapons. My main set consists of a Amir type barrel gun with 20% combat damage and a Hu type with a usefull skill (in my case Napalm Strike), combat damage and decrease powercost.
Important is the combat damage and other tactical affixes you can get since all other affixes are useless when throwing grenades (they dont crit or use increase damage/ele on weapons). The Amir Type gun has the advantage of having 2 relic slots which can be used to get willpower and powerreg up. The Hu type has a Tech slot which can be used for further tactical affixes. I had the luck to find a +22 Willpower Mythic Ammo which is perfect for this gun and an increase userate+powerreg tech.

With this set you basically run around and spam grenades and strikes like crazy. It should work fluently for most of the time. When laying down your Multishot barrage you need a pot afterwards. Stoneheges rooms clear like in tokio with the striker engi :wink:

Another cool playstyle is with a long cd Weapon and a grenade after each shot. And for that the Vodoo comes into play as it play very fluently. I wish i had one with combat damage auged on it. I use this style in Stonhenge or wider areas with flyers or when i just want to run around shotgun style.

For the third slot one can try a doomthumper with the 9 points in strikes, though i dont think it is needed.

In the end you have 40% Combat damage for you grenades on your mainset, a super high userate of skills, 300+ Power, 1000+ powerreg (you still need pots) and a good bonus to ele attack (i can stunlock Ash or Dreadnaught with the vodoo).

Normal gameplay is straight forward though you dont push forward like Gunguard. In Catas you checkout where you place your barage and then unleash hell and then push on and clean the floor.

The rotation is also quite important. Because Toxic grenade is the strongest damagewise but hard to aim. To have it right in front of your feet you need to bounce it. Also mobs tend to run out of the field so it should be followed or led by a stun grenade. If you have the time you can use Strike, phase (longest fuse), stun, toxic and then fire for maximum damage. I also always have the trigger on the stun first, because when the mobs are stunned you get the time to aim correctly.

A good mouse is also a plus otherwise this build gets hard to use when spamming the different skills.

Bosses are different though as this char is not singletarget and therefore suffers a bit in that area and some Boss abilities counter that.

When doing Molloch you need to spare up Multishot for the time he spawns his healers and hope he does that piece by piece (he does that currently as he is bugged). So this takes a while but with Kyles you are super fast and can outrun him easily, turn throw, run turn throw -works.

Dreadnaught is a pain and you really need Kyles here as he is super fast and owns you otherwise. Also in the last phase he digs in constantly and heals up. I thought i could not kill him but then i pulled out the vodoo and was surprised i can stunlock him.

Fulcrum on the other hand, a pain for most chars, is easy. When he spawns the Mastertotems you need 2 Multishot barrages to down them and it doesnt matter if there is a venom up because you can run away afterwards out of the range of the deadly swarm that is being triggered by damage. The imps also constantly die in the Toxic Grenade field.

Squadro is semi hard as his adds are fast and they hit hard as does Squadro in melee. So there is quite some running, positioning and checking out how to get them all under you barrage. But i could kill him fairly safe.

Haven’t tried Talox by now. He is hard anyways but the distance to the mobs and the godd poison of the toxic grenade should help, i can be wrong though but then the vodoo will help.

Now off to the SwordTyphon Gun/Sword Blademaster :wink:

4 Likes

Just to add some more insight. Userate of tactical can be higher than stated because there is still agap at 3,5 secs per grenade.

Also highest DPS atm was 12k in Brompton (with a big pull).

Little update:

Boost rate doesnt work for Multishot anymore, so you dont need to have that. Multishot last longer now so you can get 2 barrages of toxic grenades, 3 other grenades and a strike out!

The new perk for 100 portals give 30+ Power. Very handy for the build.

Notable weapons to use in combination with Grenades apart from the currently op snipers are Firefox Launchers (eg No Quarter or a mythic global one). Thermo Cannons though rarely found as high level variants.

Whatever weapon you use, try to get a Combat Damage aug as it makes a big difference.

1 Like