How many skill points are available in Hellgate 2038?

In guides it always seems to use +5 bonus skills. Are those just skills from equipment? It confuses me a bit, since there are only 50 points in the base game, but 55 in Revival if i’m not mistaken. So how many can be “earned” in Hellgate 2038, excluding any bonuses? Also the skill planner needs to be updated soon, it is a bit out of date

Oh and a a little tip for an improvement: Being able to respec the last used skill point would be great. That means we can recover the first skill point that’s automatically assigned and helps beginners that don’t know what exactly a skill does. It would still make the skill retrainers neccesary, so it changes nothing in terms of balance/ importance for that item :slight_smile:

There are in total +49 skill points to use it in where ever you want to.

There are +1 to all skills Items (all skills wich already have at least 1 point in it, from items or skilled).
And rings and stuff wich gives you +x to specific skills like +2 to toxic elementals(that you get even without having to spend a point into, this skill then as stated also gets then the +1 to all if you have that)

2 Likes

Thank you, i understand. So that +2 to toxic elementals can be used by adding 2 points to the skill planner or you can just put two points less into it when planning. I’m trying to get a bone Evoker to work, wish me luck!

2 Likes

One thing to keep in mind about minions is that you need to own the skill to swap out of the weapon, with a good example being Megatron with its reaper skills: you can wield two and reach 8/10 alone, but the moment you swap out the reaper will just disappear because you have 0 points at that moment. However, if you put a single point into the skill, swap to Megatron, summon and swap out, you’ll notice the reaper’s timer is the equivalent of the 9 points (1+4+4) you had at the time of summoning it, even when you’re not currently holding Megatron.

1 Like

Skullsplitter is PiA. Using it is very frustrating. Bonespine and Boneshards are reliable.

You need to take less points in that skills. The best way is to never put point at max. Consider extra points from items during planning.

1 Like

Currently i planned to put in one less point into every skill for a +1 to all ring and it does work so far. Every other equip with bonus skill points gives me more to put into less blink cooldown or more shields, that’s the plan for now. And yeah, i remember that Skullsplitter was weird to use, i don’t plan for it to be the best ability for normal mobs, but a well hit one should be really good against bigger enemies ^^

By the way does it still get “absorbed” by enemies or did they fix that? If i remember correctly hitting an enemy destroyed the skull, if that got changed it would be much better already.

No, it was changed few patches ago, it now explodes on contact.

1 Like

Oh, nice. That should make it much better! I’m glad they’re giving those skills some love, they have been disappointing for so long but they’re doing pretty well for now :slight_smile:

1 Like