Network connection

I’m completely new to London 2038. I recently wanted to play Hellgate again. Well, first I went to the Steam version, as I had that one too. But… the Steam version gives immense framerate lag constantly. Trying to navigate and fight demons at 1 frame a minute is pretty terrible. A post in the community hub of Steam lead me to this project, London 2018.

So, let me first say that I am surprised and impressed. London 2038 plays and works so much better than this Steam ‘remake’ of the original game. Smooth frames, good graphics and fixes here and there, many more than I probably know off. It’s great to play the game like this again. I’m even more impressed that you’ve managed to create a new multiplayer server. I never got to play online when I played the game the first time. It’s great seeing other players run around in the stations. I haven’t really played with others yet, but hope to do so in the future.

The only real problem that I’ve experienced with multiplayer is the connection to the server. I occasionally get disconnected from the server and kicked from the game. For example, yesterday I was going through Wake Hollow in Stonehenge, got to the Lair of the Damned and lost the connection to the server. Things like this happen a bit more than I’d like. So my question, is there some way I can improve the connection to the server and minimize the amount of disconnects?

Other than that, I have no complaints whatsoever. London 2038 has made the game so much fun to play again. It’s great work and I look forward to see what else is in store. Parts of the game that were added by this mod are still new to me, seeing as I’ve only been able to play the base game in the past.

Hello Norik, welcome :slight_smile:

Very glad you found us, and many thanks for the kind words. The Steam version is indeed… less than ideal, even with all the community fixes. Many of its issues stem from it being a botched Global port, but it is what it is.

On your network concerns though, I’m afraid I can’t personally be of help. The 2038 server is located in NA, and for the most part it’s been reported to be fine for most - both in terms of ping and connection stability. On our end it only ever goes down intentionally for brief maintenance, and unintentionally if any issues arise - which also tend to be brief.
Not sure if something can be done on your end to reduce connection issues, is what I’m getting at. Hopefully others may know more.

Hello Bryan,

Thanks, I’m glad I found you as well. That Steam version was really getting on my nerves. London 2038 just works way better.

No worries, I’ll swap between multiplayer and singeplayer. The server works fine on some days and then on other moments it’ll randomly be a bit buggier. I’m open for suggestions should someone have any ideas I could try. I’m not going to let it ruin the fun for me. Like I said, it’s great to be able to play the game again like this and explore some content that’s completely new to me.