Quavontavius-What kind of animal is this?

Hello.Either I missed something, or it’s a glitch.What kind of animal is this and how to kill it ? I can’t do it.I’ve tried everything.

Hi Kole :slight_smile:

Quavontavius is indeed a hard enemy, and requires either massive DPS or consistent poison. For a solo Guardian, I’d suggest some combination of the following:

• A shield with inherent poison, like this one; Shield Throw bouncing off narrow spaces there will typically work well. Poison mods will also definitely help.
  • A gun that effectively procs poison, like this one. Poison mods will of course help too.
  • A poison-heavy sword, like this one - assuming you use sword skills to make better use of it.

You may of course try other options, such as modding your Surgecasters with poison; their constant fields may also work well enough. If you can also get some ignite in the mix, such as through +fire damage and the Bellyful Bully achievement (or +sfx on armor), that can also help.
If all else fails you may look for a party; even a duo with a burst DPS class should suffice for this Normal version.

Thanks for the tips.I’ll consider your options.But, the variant of the shield, which is in the screenshot, will not be more effective?

1 Like

Definitely. I suggested earlier-midgame items because I assumed you were around lv30. If you can use Dissector shields they’re absolutely the best option.

Just yesterday I bought such a shield as you recommended today.But, only, because it has a “Stampede”.Not because of that beast.And I’m at level 30.I just clarified.Thanks again.

1 Like

Hello.I know it’s off topic, but I need some advice.Please look at the theme-"Paint.There is a suggestion."And explain what this link means, Alternalo was just joking, or I didn’t understand something.I asked him the same question, but he didn’t answer.Maybe you can answer my question in the topic.Thank you in advance.

Hello.I used two of these pistols, which have only one slot for mods, but I was able to kill this beast only when I had level 40-45.I don’t remember exactly.But now I have level 50 and I came to this beast for the second time.He turned out to be level 58 and my pistols, even after upgrading to level 49 (maximum), do not help.I’m not talking about the sniper beasts, whose weapons you provided with shrapnel.I can handle them.But it’s difficult.If I understood correctly, this beast can be killed, then, in the team.Am I right, or are there other options for a single guardian?Except for those that you have listed.They, too, do not help.

I’m not sure how killable it is in Nightmare as a solo player, to be honest. Other class skillsets might offer more reliable poison procs; say, BMs’ Aura of the Elements, or MMs’ Multishot, or minion classes’ poison-specced minions. But solo Guardians should mostly have shield skills for this; maybe well-placed Throws in corners might do.
All in all, the Nightmare version is indeed mostly for well-geared parties. It’s like Dessy, really, except more dangerous.

Okay.We’ll find another job.Moreover, the first beast can endlessly close the portal.The sight is amazing!

1 Like